Sunday, December 1, 2013

Unrepentant as ever...

For those of you who might wonder:

Yes, I saw the Iron Bowl.

I thought it was a terrific football game. I thought the ending sucked.

Yes, I saw the USC-UCLA debacle. No, I didn't like it.

Yes, I saw the Ohio State-Michigan game. I thought Brady Hoke walked across the field with the game on a silver serving tray and handed it to Urban Meyer. Meyer graciously accepted it.

I think Auburn should leapfrog over Ohio State in the BCS standings, Florida State should be ranked first and, after the conference championship games in the coming weeks, Auburn should be ranked second and play Florida State for the national title.

Auburn plays in the SEC, where three teams are ranked in the top five, others are in the top 10 and still more are in the top 25. Ohio State has an excellent program in a weak (for now) conference and there is a price to pay for that schedule.

By the way, we have all read about declining math skills in our young people. I believe this is true. Here is why: Ohio State and Michigan, both reputed to be excellent academic institutions, play in a conference with a dozen members, calling itself The Big Ten.

There is a conference named The Big 12. It has ten members.

Math skills? Those people can't even count!

Thanks for reading. I'm glad someone still can.

Roll Tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment