Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's a major award!


                We traveled to one of Ohio’s great spots, the house in Cleveland where the exterior shots were filmed for the movie A Christmas Story.

My daughter and I pose in front of The Major
Award from the movie, "A Christmas
Story" in the house where some of the movie
was filmed.
          The film is my favorite holiday movie.

          My wife was disappointed in the place, but she does not like the movie. I love the movie and enjoyed visiting both the house and the museum. I was hoping to see the Bumpus dogs, but I guess they were making an appearance somewhere else that day.

When I watch the film in the future, I’ll be sure to say out loud, “Hey, we were there.” I hope I don’t upset anyone. I learned a few things that I’ll watch for the next time I see the film.

Amy, my wife, was also disappointed when she visited Plymouth Rock a few years ago. She feels it’s just a big rock on the edge of the surf. I, on the other hand, insist that the Rock is unquestionably the very rock the first Pilgrims first stepped upon when they arrived on the North American shore. It is the finest rock I’ve ever seen and I saw a lot of surf rocks during my years in California.

I guess your appreciation for a landmark depends on what you expect in the first place.

I hope you have not been disappointed by this blog.
 
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment