Thursday, November 1, 2012

A little (very little) humor


I noticed today that this blog has had 1,912 page views through its history. This gave me a sinking feeling because the Titanic sank in 1912.

For that reason, Speedyleeway offers the following hook, line and stinkers:

I parked my car in a tow away zone. Went back later and, sure enough, the car was there but the zone had been towed away.

I just discovered that electricians all live in the same town. They live in Electra City.

Amelia Earhart’s plane was a Lockheed Electra. I hope those electricians don’t get lost.

Lost was a bad television show. I never saw it. My carpenter did. He picked up his hammer and saw it all.

I saw a leopard in the zoo yesterday, right after feeding time. He said his meal hit all the right spots.

Okay, I admit it, they can’t all be winners. Game for more?

The baseball season is over now. The Dodgers’ offense was so bad; their batting practice pitcher threw a no-hitter. I went hiking and discovered a cave. Some bats, which were blind, flew out of the dark without hitting anything and that made sense. These were Dodger bats.

Since we moved to Ohio, I’ve started taking band aids everywhere I go. I worry about slipping on ice and getting cold cuts. My wife says I’m full of bologna.

A friend of mine bought a Dalmatian puppy. I asked if he named the dog Spot and he said no. I asked why and he said, “It’s a girl.”

I found out why cowboys ride everywhere they go: Horses are too heavy to carry.

My elephant sat on my fence the other day and I checked my watch. Yep, it was time to buy a new fence.

It turns out we’re all welcome in the ‘Show me’ state because Missouri lives company.

Horses can’t dance. They have two left feet.

The Invisible Man has no children. He’s not apparent. By the way, have you seen him lately?

I know a guy who went to parachute school, just so he could drop out.

What do you call the happy feeling when your homework is finished? The aftermath.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end.

1 comment: