Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


It’s Thanksgiving Day and I’m thankful.

          I’m thankful for my family’s good health. All of us seem to be in good spirits and good life situations and I am grateful for that happiness.

          I am very grateful that my wife hasn’t thrown me out yet.

          I am grateful that I am not a hockey fan.

          I am constantly grateful for the job I have, working for a terrific company. My wife and I recently moved to Ohio. Our living situation is comfortable and I am grateful to all the friends who helped us make that happen. This was an eight-year process.

          I am grateful for the third win captured early in the current football season by the St. Louis Rams. That’s an improvement over last year, so they can lose all the rest of their games and still talk about their season-to-season improvement. The suspense is over and I’m calmer. Everyone is grateful for that.

          I am grateful for living in the world’s best nation. Regardless of how I feel about the tremendous lack of leadership we have right now, this is still the best place to live. On that topic, I am grateful every day to the men and women in our armed forces for the work they do, the stresses they face daily. Our soldiers, sailors (both Navy and Coast Guard), marines, airmen (and airwomen), National Guardsmen (and Guardswomen) and reservists keep the wolves away. If you’re reading this and in the service, thanks.

          And I am grateful to you for reading. Happy Thanksgiving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment