Monday, March 25, 2013

That's a Mother Nature no-no


Today is Monday, March 25, 2013. It is snowing here in Tallmadge, Ohio. Winter is hanging in there. The cold weather refuses to go away.

          The thing is, I am sure it is my fault. I forgot to send the memo to Mother Nature, reminding her that the weather is supposed to improve here after the end of February. Warmer weather is supposed to appear as March progresses.

          I guess the old girl is devoted to tradition. We’ve seen no warming trend here in northeastern Ohio. No sign of Spring. I guess the rule must be no memo, no heat.

          As this is my first year in Ohio, I was under the impression that someone hereabouts was already in charge of the Mother memo and that I would not have to take up the task. Obviously, I was wrong on that score. We had two inches of snow overnight here and expect another inch before noon today.

          And so, on the off chance that she reads this blog and with the utmost respect, I submit the following memo to Mother Nature:

 

Mother Nature,

          It is with the greatest of pleasures that I send you the annual memorandum that the weather is supposed to change now. Please remember to turn down the A/C and begin cranking the heater. As we have already had the first day of Spring, I am sure you will not mind giving the furnace a little extra nudge.

          Your snow is a beautiful thing, but my wife has grown tired of using her new snow shovel on the driveway. I delight in football weather, but the baseball season is upon us and we’d like to see some games played in places other than Arizona and Florida.

          Hoping that this memo finds you in the best of health and humor, I remain yours truly,

 

Speedylee

 

P.S. Thanks for reading.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment