Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This is it: A Package Deal


          Through the years that I have been photographing the Civil War battlefields at Gettysburg and Chickamauga, I have been more interested in the history of the locations than I have been in finding what I call the pretty pictures.

          I still enjoy the history aspect more than I do the artsy opportunities most battlefields offer, even with my camera in my hand. But this year, in the days following the 2013 Civil War Institute at Gettysburg College, the atmospheric conditions were so good that I abandoned my conceit for an evening and chased after this image.

          I will not lie to you; I am satisfied with this image.

          I am so satisfied with this image that I feel the world deserves to see it. Indeed, if the world really wants it, I am willing to part with this image for a price.

Sunset on Cemetery Ridge.
          I am open to negotiation, but the asking price will be $47 million. At that price, I only need one sale.

The complete offer can include the camera and lens I used to capture the scene, the backpack I carried them in, a guided tour of the location where I captured this shot with me as the tour guide, the car I drove to Gettysburg on the trip to capture the photograph and a house in which to hang the picture.

Oh, and I’ll throw in an autograph at no extra charge.

In sales talk, we call this a Package Deal. You’ll not find another offer like this anywhere.

Interested?
         
          Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment