Friday, December 21, 2012

Family and friends


                It is Christmas time in Ohio. It’s the same everywhere else, I guess.

          We’re lucky enough that we’ll see much of our family this year and we very much hope it means the same for you and yours.

          I remember one year when I had either just graduated from college or was a semester away from finishing and I did not make it home on Christmas Day. I don’t recall whether I had to work early the next day or had some other issue, but I could not go home for that day.

          A friend heard me say that I would not be going home and she insisted that I come spend the day with her at her parents’ home. I believe my friend had a boyfriend and that he was there (I’m not sure, this was a very long time ago), but otherwise it was me and the family.

          When I arrived at the house that day and knocked on the door, my friend’s mother welcomed me and she must have known how awkward I felt because she made me feel right at home very quickly. It was a warm and comfortable day and I’ve never forgotten the kindness of my friend and her family.

          I hope that all of you have a warm and happy Holiday Season and that you are able to share it with both family and friends.
 
          Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment