Saturday, February 4, 2012

If I must pick a winner, I pick...

This year’s Super Bowl is a tough one to pick. Typically, defense wins in big games and the New York Giants are better, defensively, that the New England Patriots.
But the Patriots have beaten some very good defensive teams this season and it seems to me that the New England defense has played better in the post-season than it did during the regular season.
The first time these franchises met in the title game, I expected the Patriots to win. They were undefeated, remember? I remember saying that the Giants could win if they could put consistent pressure on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, but I did not expect the Giants to get pressure on Brady. I was dead wrong and the Giants won.
This year, I think that for New York to win, the Giants’ four down linemen will have to be able to pressure Brady without help from blitzing linebackers or defensive backs. I don’t see how the Giants will be able to do that.
On the flip side, the Giants have an effective offense but the Patriots have enough defense to slow New York down.
If I had to bet money, I’d take the Patriots to win. I’m glad that I don’t have to bet because I expect this to be a good, close game.
I hope you enjoy the game. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment